Pediatric Dentistry – Child Dental Care
At Lethbridge Dental Clinic, we are committed to caring for overall dental health of your child with strong emphasis on education and preventive care. Every child needs oral health assessment twice a year for early signs of developmental problems like decay, overcrowding or poor alignment. This helps the kids to be responsible for their oral hygiene & develop good healthy oral habits.
Dental care for children:
- Healthy eating especially avoiding foods with high sugar content such as cakes, chocolates, jams, biscuits, etc.
- Drink plenty of water & avoid consumption of drinks with high sugar content such as soft drinks, cordials, fruit juices etc.
- Healthy eating is important for healthy teeth.
- Brush twice a day. Use low fluoride toothpaste from 18 months to six years of age.
- Floss atleast once a day.
CHILD DENTAL BENEFITS SCHEDULE (CDBS)
The CDBS gives eligible children and teenagers access to upto $1000 in benefits for dental services over two calendar years.
For more information regarding the CDBS, families can check whether their child is eligible for the CDBS by contacting the Department of Human Services. The general information can also be found on their website.
Contact us today to organize an oral health assessment for your child.